Happy Thanksgiving!
It is rather interesting, and quite nice, actually, to live in a culture where people take one day out of the year to reflect upon, and express their thanksfulness for what makes their lives happy and fulfilling.
So, to emulate a blogger friend, here is what I am thankful for:
- My daughter, and the fact that she is a cool, collected kid.
- The friendly relationship I have been able to maintain with her father, and the fact that we can still celebrate holidays together as the "non traditional" family that we are.
- My French family, whom I love dearly from a distance.
- My friends, whom I can rely on anytime, and trust. And they know who they are.
- The fact that I have a very decent job that I like very much, in a field in which jobs are scarce and often crappy.
- All the artists (musicians, singers, actors and actresses, movie directors, comedians, painters, cartoonists, writers and poets, etc.) who, even though they don't know me from Adam, share their gift and the products of their talent with me on a daily basis, and make my life happier and fuller for it.
- The fact that I have a nice little house (OK, I rent it, but it's mine anyway) that is just the way I want it to be (although new furniture and a carpet cleaning job would be really nice!)
- My high-speed internet connection.
- The fact that France has over 365 varieties of cheese, among which Roquefort is my ultimate favorite (there is some intertextuality here to my fellow blogger's entry for today, as well as to my comment to it.)
Finally, could not resist doing this:
It takes one to know one...


3 Comments:
Here's to Cheese! I have yet to taste one that I didn't like! Your gratefulness list was much more articulate than mine (he heh), but sometimes brevity speaks volumes. It is indeed a good thing to take time to express our gratitude, and in the spirit of the day, and incentivized by your blog, I am going to call some people to tell them that they are appreciated.
and also.... that Bush picture/comment was a cheap shot. I'm thinking that had Kerry won, there is a 99% chance that he would be serving turkey to servicemen, and 100% chance that you would not have made the same comment?
Hey, of course I would not have made the same comment about Kerry, because Kerry does have a fully functional brain. And, well, what can you expect from a heart-bleeding liberal like me? :o)
Post a Comment
<< Home