Sunday, November 05, 2006

Not much time to post today

Again, another weekend is catching me with too much to do, and not enough time to do it in. Marty came over on Friday night (after I was back from the dinner with the external reviewer), and we watched our usual Dr. Who and Battlestar Galactica.

Yesterday morning, Marty got up at about 6:00, but I made it up only by 7:50. We went to Staples to photocophy material that Marty needed from interlibrary loan books, and also to Wal-Mart and K-Mart to get some food and other stuff, and then we had breakfast at Perkins'. I returned home and worked, and I also made some curried carrot soup for lunch today with my friend Mary-Jo. By roughly 5:30 I left for Marty's, where we had a very fine dinner (enchiladas), watched one episode of Sherlock Holmes (from the series with actor Jeremy Brett), and began viewing the Fassbinder movie The Marriage of Maria Braun, which is part of his "BRD" [Bundesrepublik Deutschland] Trilogy of films that focus on "women's experiences with loss and survival in postwar Germany."

We got too tired to watch that movie in its entirety, but saw the end this morning, and I highly recommend it to any of my readers - I will actually try to review it soon, I just don't have the time to do it today.

Now I am back home, and need to get to work. NOW.

I have had more than 10 hours of sleep, and I still feel tired.

4 Comments:

At 11:41 AM, Blogger srp said...

How about a short brisk walk... that always helps me. I became so used to four and five hours of sleep all those years of school, residency and early motherhood and work that the days I get over seven or eight hours it wipes me out.

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Me voici ∞ Here I am said...

I worked my regular job... bored to death with it, cleaned, prepped, primed and painted. Possibly more of the same today.

Wait a couple of weeks until Doctor Who: The Impossible Planet and The Satan Pit come to Sci-fi. Good episodes... reeeeeeeal good.

Speaking of the Bundesrepublik, I am excited about making a amazon.de purchase today. WOOOOO!

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger Claire said...

I've long been a fan of Dr. Who and am enjoying the BBC's reinvention of it. Also, I'm really digging BSG this season. So good!

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger Me voici ∞ Here I am said...

Claire is fabulous! But then again I would say that about just abot anyone who admits to liking Doctor Who.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home