Advice to parents
You should always have, on file, a photograph of your children caught in the act of doing the dishes. I took the picture on the right when my daughter Claire was perhaps 16 or 17 while, in a moment of folly, she agreed to do the dishes and actually did them. She did the dishes again while visiting me a couple of weeks ago. I have replaced picture #1, which was on my fridge, with picture #2, so that Claire never forgets that she can do the dishes and will do them if asked to do so. In fact, most of the time, she volunteers to do them because, believe it or not, it is something that she likes to do!Labels: children, daily life


5 Comments:
I will remember this. Yep.
"Pssst, eet eez I ::lifts glasses::, La Claire"
Sweet post!
And Claire, do ever not look fab?
Perhaps, I need to employ this tactic when the others in my house have not done the dishes...hmmm...
Your daughter is beautiful. Even in an "ordinary" photo, she exudes a really positive, dynamic energy.
V-Grrrl - Thanks for the compliment. I have to agree - Claire is truly an exceptional human being. She is good-looking, very smart, full of energy, and an all-around nice person and very caring individual. I consider myself incredibly lucky to have mothered such a lovely and, basically, unproblematic daughter.
Post a Comment
<< Home