Monday, November 06, 2006

Dealing with exhaustion and stress

I called in sick today - a thing that I rarely do (I did it once last year, I think, but had not done it for years before then.)

I just felt that I needed to get over a bad case of sheer exhaustion. I have felt extremely tired overall, and quite depressed about the amount of work that I am facing. I also have two high school students visit days to deal with this week (one tomorrow, and one on Thursday), and I am playing a fairly important part in both. I need to be fairly well to give a decent presentation on both days.

I also need to catch up with the plain, routine grading that being overwhelmed with other tasks has prevented me from attending to.

I think that I badly need to get myself to the gym on a regular basis to rebuild my stamina. But I can't seem to figure out when I could possibly find the time to do this.

5 Comments:

At 1:03 PM, Blogger Paperback Writer said...

I wish I had called in sick today.

Hope you're feeling better!

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger Passante said...

Sounds like mega-overload. Hope you feel better.

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger srp said...

Hope you're feeling better. Sleep and a brisk ten minute walk are my recommendations.

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Me voici ∞ Here I am said...

Do you have a student worker to pitch in with the grading? If no, I have a significant amount of time. I could help you out a bit with the French 1's intermediate gradings....

 
At 6:04 AM, Blogger  said...

I can relate with your difficulty keeping up with routine grading :)
Hope you're feeling more energized!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home