Saturday, January 19, 2008

The Saturday Friday's Feast #175

O.K. This one is a bit over one week late, but better late than never...

Appetizer
What is your middle name? Would you change any of your names if you could? If so, what would you like to be called?

My middle name (which, in fact, is my second name, since I actually have four) is Marie - my parents chose it because it is the name of Jesus' mother. Even my brother has the same middle name. I have no desire to change my name, which I really love.

Soup
If you were a fashion designer, which fabrics, colors, and styles would you probably use the most?

Oh, God, I have absolutely zero creative talent in that one area. I would, however, probably use a lot of cotton and wool, and a lot of earthtones and black. My fashions would be very simple, with clean and sexy lines.

Salad
What is your least favorite chore, and why?

I absolutely hate cleaning the bathroom. Come on, it's really disgusting and, besides, it's kind of hard work.

Main Course
What is something that really frightens you, and can you trace it back to an event in your life?

That's an easy one - driving on highways. I really do not know how I became so phobic about it, but I remember becoming aware of my acute fear of driving after I got married. At times, I have fared better with that fear, although I never drive on the interstate. At this point in my life, I basically do not drive much at all. I often think that this may go back to being witness to a deadly accident back in 1969, when I was driving to south-west France with my uncle, his wife, and my cousins. We were the first car to arrive at the scene of this really horrible accident and, my uncle being a doctor, we immediately stopped, and he assessed the situation - at least two people were dead, many more were severely injured. It was not a pretty picture, and this sight is imprinted in my brain forever.

Dessert
Where are you sitting right now? Name 3 things you can see at this moment.

I am sitting at my computer. So, I can see:
- My computer (the Mac laptop, which actually belongs not to me, but to my school.)
- A picture of Marty and me taken in the summer of 2005 at Mont Rainier.
- The new printer that I bought a few days ago so that I could print documents from my laptop.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 12:09 PM, Blogger Me voici ∞ Here I am said...

I've seen that dessert scene. You tidied it up a bit before you took the picture... didn't you?

::lol::

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Elisabeth said...

Tim - I had to clean the desk, because I had to set up the printer. It took a while, but it's been tidy (no more room to make it messy!) for nearly an entire week!

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Me voici ∞ Here I am said...

I figured it was the printer. It sort of defeats the purpose of buying something new if you plop right down in the middle of chaos.

;-)

Bravo!

Congrats on the new imprimante!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home