Thursday, January 24, 2008

To amuse you (if you understand French): Two fun French Commercials

These are definitely quite fun. Sorry about the Brokeback Mountain one, just a couple of days after Heath Ledger's tragic death. I also apologize to my faithful readers who do not understand French - I could not find a subtitled version of the first commercial.

Note: La Marche de l'Empereur was the French title of March of the Penguins - the French word "Empereur" also means "Emperor." And, obviously, Le Secret de Brokeback Mountain was the French title of Brokeback Mountain.

Also, go ahead and read the Friday's Feast below, there is at least one item that is kind of fun.



Labels:

4 Comments:

At 5:09 PM, Blogger Steph Barnard said...

I think I learned the wrong French word for penguin back in the day - pingouin, or something like that?

Anyway, funny videos :)

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Elisabeth said...

Yes, it is pingouin, but the Emperor Pingouin is also referred to as "empereur."

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Voix said...

That totally made my grading day more enjoyable!

Thanks, Elisabeth.

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Elisabeth said...

Hey, Voix - Good luck with the grading!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home